Dear St. Francis of Assisi students and families,
Catholics have been celebrating a sort of mother’s day since the first few centuries of the Church. The fourth Sunday of Lent, or Laetare Sunday, traditionally was a time to return to your mother church (home parish) and leave an offering. In Catholic tradition, the month of May is dedicated to Mary. Chosen by God above all other women, Mary’s faith and obedience paved the way for the Incarnation. Her example teaches us faith, obedience, humility and most of all, how to love. And so, we invite you to pray:
Lord Jesus Christ, You chose to put yourself—tiny, needy and helpless—into the nurturing and watchful hands of a human mother. Since then, every act of mothering, both physical and spiritual, in every time and every corner of the world recollects Mary’s. Inspired by this example, we, too, honour our mothers and mother figures. Bless these women, that they may be strengthened as Christian mothers and nurturers. Let the example of their faith and love shine forth. Grant that we, their sons and daughters, honour them always with a spirit of profound respect.
We ask this in your holy name. Amen.
FINAL CHANCE TO BUY A YEARBOOK! This is your last chance – as in after May 26th you will not be able to buy the 2023 Yearbook again!! This year’s book has been highly anticipated among the students as it will contain a brand-new feature. Yearbook+ allows buyers to scan select photos in the book to view even more pictures that didn’t make it into the final printed copy. It’ll give you access to the some 2,000+ photos taken here and around the school at various events, all available on your smart phone. What incredible value for only 40$! Don’t miss out!
Click this link: https://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A01074103 to order your book today!
Menu options for week of May 15 to May 18; click here
St. Francis Activities
Mon, May 15 - Fri, May 19 Catholic Education Week
Monday, May 15
- Workout Club @ 12:00 - Gr. 9 - 12
- Student Government @ 12:15 in room 11.
- Choir - 3:30 - 5pm
- Running Club @ 3:30 pm
- Fundraising lunch in the cafeteria - Grad
- Carpentry Skills Club @ 12:15 pm In Wood Shop
- Debate Club @ 12:15 in portable 44
- Social Justice Club @ lunch in room 14
- Workout Club @ lunch. Gr. 9 - 12
- Chess / Board Game Club @ 12:15 pm in the LC
- X block = 7
- Dungeons & Dragons Club 3:30 - 5:30 pm in the LC
- Badminton @ 3:30 pm
- Yoga @ 3:30 pm in Rm 43
- Handgames Tournament @ Porter Creek, 9:00 to 3:00 pm.
- Int. Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia
- SFACSS Shoe Shuffle (run), block 4,5 period 7,8
- GSA (Gender & Sexuality Alliance) in Room 20 @ 12:15 pm.
- Debate Club @ 12:15 in Portable 44
- Running club @ 3:30 pm
Monday, May 22 - No school - Victoria Day
**Fifteen more days of class – Exam Week is June 8th to 15th**
Please do not hesitate to call the school at 667-5901 if you have any questions or concerns.
The St. Francis of Assisi Admin Team,
Alethea Wallace, A/Principal; Mia Ouellette, A/Vice-Principal; Janet Clarke, A/Vice Principal