Dear St. Francis of Assisi students and families,
In our prayer today, we ask St. Joseph for help with all our work and responsibilities. May we realize that hard work can be very rewarding and bring us closer to God, one another and give us a deeper understand of who “I” am.
We also remember in our prayers all people of Asian heritage this Asian Heritage Month.
So much to pray for and as always, we need help:
In this month devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary we seek her courage as we pray:
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Mary, the Mother of God … pray for us
St. Joseph the Worker … pray for us.
Congrats to Athletes
Many of our students participated in the Subzero provincial tournament in BC. Congratulations to all who participated. Congrats to the U 14 boy who brought home gold.
Congratulations to our school Bocce team who participated in the Special Olympics Unified Bocce competition last Friday in Winnipeg.
- Please see the attached link for further information about Family and Life Week May 7-14. For more information: http://www.whitehorsediocese.ca/family--life-week-2023.html
- Thursday May 11, 2023 from noon-1pm is the Walk for Life. Meet at the Old Log Church for a peaceful walk in support of the most vulnerable in our community. From 7-8 pm all are welcome to a talk on apologetics by Marlon Bartram in the hall of Sacred Heart Cathedral: Pro-Life 101. For more information: www.whrighttolife.org
- Family Camp at Braeburn Friday June 16 at noon to Monday June 19th at noon. Contact ceayukon@gmail for more information to register.
- Braeburn Camp Spring Clean Up Weekend: May 12 and 13. All are welcome to help open the camp and complete necessary maintenance and repairs. RSVP to email@example.com for food planning, accommodations planning, and any skill sets you have to offer the team.
- Knights of Columbus Annual Yard Sale: May 27 from 8 am- noon in the parking lot of Sacred Heart Cathedral. Items can be donated for the sale on Friday May 26 from 7-9 pm at the church garage or during the yard sale (no electronics or clothing items please).
- A group of teens from our diocese, in Whitehorse and northern BC, recently attended a Youth Rally in Prince George and had an amazing experience. If anyone is interested in this event next year, please contact your parish or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth on Fire youth group for kids in Gr 5-8 meets Fridays 6:30- 8:30 at Christ the King. Bring your indoor shoes! There are a few more weeks until we wrap up for the summer
Grade 12s, reminder that there is a grad meeting at the school tonight (May 2) at 7:00 pm in the Learning Commons. A zoom option will not be offered. The meeting will focus on the itinerary for the grad weekend and some of the details around events.
Menu options for week of May 1 to May 5; click here
St. Francis Activities
Monday, May 1 - PD Day. No school for students
Tuesday, May 2
- Student Government @ 12:15 in room 11.
- Choir - 3:30 - 5pm
- Running Club @ 3:30 pm
- Fundraising lunch in the cafeteria - School Council
- Carpentry Skills Club @ 12:15 pm In Wood Shop
- Debate Club @ 12:15 in portable 44
- Social Justice Club @ lunch in room 14
- Workout Club @ lunch. Gr. 9 - 12
- Chess / Board Game Club @ 12:15 pm in the LC
- X - 7
- Dungeons & Dragons Club 3:30 - 5:30 pm in the LC
- Badminton @ 3:30 pm
- GSA Club in Room 20 @ 12:15 pm.
- Hand Games in the front foyer @ 12:15 pm
- Debate Club @ 12:15 in Portable 44
- Culture Day Presentation @ small gym - block 5, period 7
- Running club @ 3:30 pm
- Red Dress Day – to honour MMIWG2S
- Grade 10 Retreat
- Carmacks Run
- Band concert in the small gym
- Alpha Mtg @ 12:15pm
- Carving Club @ 12:15pm
**Twenty Five more days of school – Exam Week is June 8th to 15th**
Please do not hesitate to call the school at 667-5901 if you have any questions or concerns.
The St. Francis of Assisi Admin Team,
Alethea Wallace, A/Principal; Mia Ouellette, A/Vice-Principal; Janet Clarke, A/Vice Principal